Hey, coming to Kuala Terengganu for work isn't bad at all. Well, despite the work loads, stressfulness, and tiredness...actually the natural medicine of my sickness is also available here in Terengganu. Kuala Terengganu is located at the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia...just by the beach... so, you can get a pure fresh coconut drinks by the beach.
PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG!
I'm NOT saying that coconut water is the cure of Bell's palsy.
Remember in my previous post, I mentioned about having a slow recovery process? Even with the steroid and anti-viral prescribed by the doctor seems less effective for me... The side-effects of the steroid (prednisolone) makes me suffer even more :'(
After a few drinks of coconut water, seems like I can feel the healing process improve...quite obvious. I can feel a little movement/pulsation of my nerves at the area of my left eye and upper cheek. However, this could be just a coincidence since I've only had a few drinks only.
Then only I remember, coconut water has a lot of benefits. (gosh! why didn't I remember this earlier??) I googled about coconut water and here's what I get:
It contains organic compounds possessing healthy growth-promoting properties that have been known to:
- Keep the body cool and at the proper temperature.
- Carry nutrients and oxygen to cells.
- Naturally replenish your body’s fluids after exercising as it is an organic isotonic beverage.
- Increase your metabolism.
- Promote weight loss.
- Improve your immune system.
- Detoxify and fight viruses.
- Cleanse your digestive tract.
- Control diabetes.
- Aid your body in fighting viruses that cause the flu.
- Balance your PH and reduce risk of cancer.
- Treat kidney and urethral stones.
- Boost poor circulation.
Modern medical science is now confirming the use of coconut in treating many conditions. Published studies in medical journals show that coconut, in one form or another, may provide a wide range of health benefits. Check them out below!
- Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses.
- Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases.
- Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections.
- Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites. * Provides a nutritional source of quick energy.
- Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance.
- Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins,
- minerals, and amino acids.
- Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.
- Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body.
- Reduces symptoms associated with pancreatitis.
- Helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes.
- Reduces problems associated with malabsorption syndrome and cystic
- Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
- Helps protect against osteoporosis.
- Helps relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease.
- Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers.
- Improves digestion and bowel function.
- Relieves pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Supports tissue healing and repair.
- Supports and aids immune system function.
- Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers.
- Is heart healthy; improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart disease.
- Protects arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis and thus protects against heart disease.
- Helps prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay.
- Functions as a protective antioxidant.
- Helps to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease.
- Does not deplete the body's antioxidant reserves like other oils do.
- Improves utilization of essential fatty acids and protects them from oxidation.
- Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Relieves symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate
- Reduces epileptic seizures.
- Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections.
- Dissolves kidney stones.
- Helps prevent liver disease.
- Is lower in calories than all other fats.
- Supports thyroid function.
- Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.
- Is utilized by the body to produce energy in preference to being stored as body fat like other dietary fats.
- Helps prevent obesity and overweight problems.
- Applied topically helps to form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward of infection.
- Reduces symptoms associated the psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis.
- Supports the natural chemical balance of the skin.
- Softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking.
- Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots.
- Promotes healthy looking hair and complexion.
- Provides protection form damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation form the sun.
- Helps control dandruff.
Just what i needed to reduce the pain of bell's palsy and side-effects of the steroids.
Again...not cure...but, there's no harm in trying...isn't it? :)